Monday, July 14, 2008

The 1377 Project, The Buttstock, Part 1

I finally figured out, mostly, how to proceed with the buttstock for the 1377 carbine project.

Turning some 12L14 scrap down to diameter, for a new end cap on the 1377.

A series of shoulders, both practical and aesthetic.

Drilling for the spring bore in the end cap. I used a letter "O" drill.

Finding edges once again...

Drilling for the #8-32 tapped hole that mounts the end cap to the main tube, or rather, anchors the breech and grips to the tube.

Picking up the shoulder, when picking up an edge like this and then going back, it's important to remember to take up backlash.

Drilling one of two holes that will be used to attach a tube for the stock.

Tapping all the holes #8-32. I should probably make some new soft jaws for that vise...

The end cap mounted.

The tube fits...

No comments: