Thursday, November 13, 2008

Slavia ZVP, Miscellany

I did a number of things to my ZVP...first off, here's a neat Czech site that has some pictures, manuals and drawings of the ZVP.

Boring out a cup to make a new piston seal.

Forming the seal. I did exactly what worked before with the Predom Lucznik.

The end cap screwed on easily.

I thought the interface between the trigger and sear was worth noting. It's a gradual curved contact surface.

The pistol back together. The rear sight is off of my Slavia 618, I need to make a copy...

The breech was loose, so I tightened up the pivot bolt. Only problem was that the lock screw divot no longer matched up.

So I stamped some thin shim washers using the method outlined in my post about the Diana 6M, I ended up using one washer .005" thick and one .008" thick.

Which allowed the divot to line up. All that remains is making the front and rear sight...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Slavia ZVP, Cleaning and the Stock Nut

Found some time to work on the ZVP...

After cleaning I felt the transfer port was a bit scarred up.

So I carefully filed and lapped most of damage while trying to not remove too much material.

The front sight...a blob of solder.

I milled it off.

Then filed and hit it with some cold blue. It's bluer than it looks here, but not as blue as blue can be...

Turning down some steel for the stock nut (that is the nut that holds the action to the wood grips). Since it was missing I didn't have anything to go on other than the pictures I've seen on the web, but I figured that 10mm diameter x 10mm long was probably right.

Tapping 5mm x .8mm which matches the threads on the rod. I love my collection of taps.

Slotting the nut.

Parted off and chamfering.

The nut works!