Saturday, October 23, 2021

Match Grips for the Hammerli Master -- Part 4 Final

Wrapping up the grip project. 

 

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Still going...















Needed a simple nut to hold the palm shelf.  Made this from a scrap. Also made another screw cup for said shelf.




Almost done with the shaping.















Some final fit adjustments.



















Then it was time to finish sand.  Took the grip to 320 grit.  Plenty good enough for me.


















Had good luck with this in the past.  I like that it dries to a hard finish. 


















The grain on the bubinga is gorgeous.




















The padauk took on a deep red color.




















I think I forgot to show the final shaping for the palm shelf.  Some angles and edge breaks.


















And just like that.  It's done and ready for installation.  Only took me a few years to get around to it!





























































The palm shelf color contrast is a nice touch. 

















Just hanging out with a few pals.  


I made a long list of various projects that I'd like to attempt.  At the moment, Kathy and I are repainting a bedroom and all the furniture is displaced to the garage and basement.  Not the week to run machines and make metal chips or wood dust.  Bear with me as I get there.  I thoroughly enjoyed how this turned out.


Thanks for following along.  More soon.




1 comment:

Paul said...

WOW! I love how those turned out. Nice touch on the color contrast between the palm shelf and the grip panels! That really transformed the pistol's appearance. Now, how does it shoot? :-)