Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Crosman LPA Mim Sight

I wanted to see how the Crosman LPA sight was constructed so I took it apart. Then I remembered I had a blog and should shoot some pics...

The parts of the LPA Mim Sight

The two adjustment screws showing the detents.

A real life exploded view.

The spring goes in the side.

Followed by the smaller spring.

Then the set screw and the blade.

The two springs on the underside.

The roll pin allows it to pivot up and down.

Maximum elevation.

Two setscrews ind against the bottom of the dovetail slot to lock it in place.

The setscrews.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love these tiny things! A lot of parts in a little and accurate machine, that must be very strong too.
The adjust screws seems to be nasty to make!

Anonymous said...

I AM SURE THAT YOU ALREADY FIGURE IT OUT THAT THREAD HOLE IS PLACE FOR THE SCREW -GREAT BLOG

crosmain air gun said...

The accuracy of the appears to be limited more to my skill at 10 yards, than to any fault with the pistol itself. It definitely prefers a lightweight “wadcutter” and WILL shoot pellets easily into a nickle-sized hole. I’m afraid I’m just not any better than that though.

Unknown said...

Just ordered mine and looking forward to using it. Red dos are okay, but more of a challenge with open sights.