Monday, August 10, 2009

Disassembling an IZH Baikal 513M, Part 2

On I go...

Here I am holding the blocking lever down so you can see how it looks...

Held by another spring.

Pivoted off.

And unhooked.

Then I had to remove the trigger mechanism. Two screws from the rear hold it on.

I'm not sure if I'll mess with the trigger unit.

The "rear bushing" retains the spring...

So I mounted the tube in the spring compressor.

Those two knurled head pins retain it. I had to play a bit to get them out. I had to take up enough tension to remove them but not too much or they bind.

You can see they are grooved, which is why I had to find the middle position to get them out.

See that oily sheen?

This is the amount of preload. Not much but it's a powerful spring!



More to come...

No comments: