Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Getting a Crosman 140 Working, Part 3

So, I continue doing the minimum work to get the rifle to function.

I turned and threaded a new breech bolt. I just winged the dimensions. Because I used the 3 jaw chuck the bolt slipped a bit while I was threading it. So I grabbed onto the waste stock with some vise grips.

As you can see it wasn't a particularly accurate copy, better to follow my detailed article on how to make one exactly, but for less than 10 minutes of machining it's fine to test the rifle.

Slotting the screw head with a jewelers saw.

Drilling some 1/2" steel stock.

With a flange turned and parted off. I made a thick washer from the same stock.

The insanely large stock screw hole. It shouldn't be that big?

Flanged bushing and washer in place. I used a nut to clamp the stock but will make a knurled nut soon.

The rifle is now complete enough to test, although there's clearly a lot of work remaining...more posts to come...

No comments: