Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Crosman Model 357 (Phase 1) Disassembly, Part 2

On I go…
IMG_6243IMG_6246IMG_6277
The cylinder plate pops off.
IMG_6249IMG_6252
Nothing special about the valve tube.
IMG_6254IMG_6257IMG_6258
My valve tool may need some refurbishing…IMG_6259IMG_6262
Crosman uses quad seals here. These seem pliable and will be reused.IMG_6264
IMG_6265IMG_6261IMG_6270
The #38-128 end seal is deformed and clearly not up to the task anymore. Luckily I had a few spares on hand.
IMG_6283
The guts.
IMG_6280
IMG_6274IMG_6284IMG_6285
The #38-130 o-ring has given up the ghost. I replaced it with a 009 viton o-ring. Urethane would be better.
IMG_6286
Not wanting to place an order for parts or spend more time making a seal than the gun is worth, I flipped the #357-041 valve seal over. It was still pliable. It had a scratch in the face that could have made the gun leak.
IMG_6287IMG_6290
The gun went back together without a hitch, I suppose it’s possible that the latch support could shift, but it seems to lock up fine without play. It’s held gas for 5 days and shoots as accurately as one would hope. I didn’t chrony it because of general laziness.

No comments: