Finally found some time to put the A.B.T. back together…
This needed some fixing.
My precision drawing.
An attempt at precision.
A walnut block.
JB Weld. Why? Because I was out of clear epoxy and didn’t have time to go to the hardware store. It’s not going to be visible.
Clamped up. I let it cure for a day.
I roughed out the block with the mill.
I left it oversize so I could fit it after I reassembled the rifle.
Another shot of the receiver.
Fitting…there was a bunch of chiseling and rasping.
Now to drill the hole for the bushing. I left those steel plates because they look cool. This was a gun that was used by thousands of people.
The wood broke out as I was drilling – from this side…some days I can’t win. But again, nobody will see it. Except you guys.
Some air fittings.
A long drill bit, paper and glue.
Makes a tube.
I decided to try regular .170” BBs first.
In the loading trough.
This is at 15’
I then tried .177 lead balls. I loaded them directly in the trough without a tube. Which worked fine, FYI.
And 3/16” ball bearings, which are I believe the ammunition the rifle is supposed to use. These were all at 80psi from my crappy compressor – I wonder if more pressure was warranted. I’ll bring it over a friend’s shop sometime and see how it does with more air pressure.
Making a tube for 3/16 ball bearings.
Exciting as watching glue dry.
Glue drying…So that's pretty much it. A nice piece of Carnival history. Now I just need to find a complete shooting gallery and I can have a nice summer job.