Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Crosman Model 600 Disassembly, Part 2

On I go...

Next I removed the set screw that holds the barrel in place.

Which slides out the front of the frame.

It's easy to put a longer barrel on, as you can see.

Next I removed the safety.

The safety assembly.

I took a deep breath and removed the cover plate for the trigger.

Parts stuck to the plate which caused a few moments of head scratching.

Here's what it should look like.

Another view. You can see a line on the conical boss where one of the spring ends should rest.

And another view. You can't have too many views of complex mechanisms...There are variations on the trigger mechanism components as well between different years of the 600.

The pawl and link.

The sear.

The hammer sear?

The trigger.

Next I removed the slide screw.

And slid the slide out.

There was just a spring here when there should have been a ball and possibly a spring guide pin.
That it was bent tells me someone tried to make up for the space of a lost ball.

The slide is slightly dovetailed into the frame.

More to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume the barrel is easily replaced with just that screw and the steps from part 1 with disassembling the magazine and feed aren't necessary to do so, yeah?

Felice Luftschein said...

Depends what you're trying to do, but maybe.
Nick