Friday, November 13, 2009

Haenel 310 Disassembly, Part 1

I recently bought a Haenel 310-2 and Haenel 311 from a gentleman who answered one of my "WTB Beaters" posts on the yellow forum. The 310 had low power and is missing the front sight hood and rear sight elevator. There's some good info about the 310 up on Tom Gaylord's blog (part 1&2, part 3&4), as well as this Russian forum post, And muzzle.de although it's about the 310-4...
The 310 shoots 4.4mm round ball. I'll talk more about that later but I wonder if anyone knows of a source for precision round lead balls in 4.4mm (called "punktkugeln") from Germany? I found a few websites but am hesitant to order online in a foreign language...JG Airguns does have shot but I fear it's the same shot as the other US sourced shot I have which is not round (if it is truly round, let me know!). JG Airguns also has used Haenel 310s for $99.99 which is a pretty good deal if they're in ok shape.

The 310-2 held by my hard working imp.

The front sight is missing the hood. ("korntunnel")

And the rear missing the elevator.

Modell 3.102? Or 3102 or 310-2...nomenclature is confusing.

The 12 round magazine.

The magazine well.

Inserted into the rifle.

Low power...although Tom Gaylord had similar velocities...

One screw removed...

And the middle screw...

And the front trigger screw.

Shorter screw is the front screw.

The action.

The magazine well.

I pried off the cover.

The pin for the bolt pushes out. I straightened the bolt and pulled it free.

Pin holds the end cap.

The somewhat complex safety knob end...

I pulled out the trigger group. The piece of sheetmetal also pulls off. I believe it is a cutoff to keep the gun safe when cocking.

The parts removed so far. I have no great incentive to disassemble the trigger group.
More to come...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello!

Congratulations for your blog!

I would like to ask you something. I have an old Haenel Suhl 310, my father purchased around 1970 from Athens, Greece.

I'm now trying to do some repairs and I would like to know whether it would be possible to find a shot magazine (ours is lost), a piston seal to replace our worn one and, probably a spring.

Is there any chance that you know somebody or a store that mights sell those parts?


I'm looking forward to receiving your feedback,


Kind Regards,

Konstantinos Pelekanos

Unknown said...

Following my previous message, I'm just adding this comment using my google account, so that you can reply to me. Thank you.

Felice Luftschein said...

Not sure where, maybe Chambers Gunsmiths https://www.gunspares.co.uk/
otherwise ask on any european forums as they will be rare in the US, although the vintage airgun forum may have ideas as well:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/americanvintageairguns/american-vintage-airguns-f405945/
Good luck!
Nick

Unknown said...

Thank you very much!

Unknown said...

hi
www.waffencenter-gotha.de stock all parts for haenel 310 etc
you can email in english and he will send you cost inc postage and you pay by bank transfer

Nick
check them out for 4.4 balls or proteksupplies.co.uk for copper coated lead 4.4 H&N sells in bags of1000 dont seem to deform in handling im a bit clumsey lol
cheers ian