Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Another Breech for a Crosman. Part 5

The aluminum breech went together without any real problems--that alone left me filled with wonder and amazement.  Gonna shoot it for a while before deciding what to do with the shroud.  The blank aluminum tube seems to beckon for some kind of adornment.  Sprayed the grips with a couple coats of truck bed liner.  I actually made a pair of wood grips, but I didn't think they fit with the black and silver colors.  The Tasco ProPoint dot carries the color theme.  Shoots great, but I have a feeling that this will be one of those project guns that evolves every couple months and is never truly finished.  I already miss not having a bolt hold open.  Next time it's apart, the loading bolt is getting a rare earth magnet.
 



















































































May throw together a short post showing those aforementioned grips if there is any interest.

Thanks for reading.  Check back in a few days for more.

6 comments:

dhc8guru said...

nice work! Looks Great!

Andre Gross said...

Hey Nick, I didn't know you were left handed. Oh wait, your Derrick,I keep confusing you two.....
Beautiful work, Will you keep it bare aluminum and let it tarnish or finish it somehow?

derrick38 said...

I'm right handed--well, most of the time. Having the bolt on the left side of the gun allows for reloading without breaking your grip.

Matt said...

Hey Derrick. This is Matt61 from the Pyramidair blog. I have an airgun question for you. Can you contact me at gufgo24@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Matt

Matt said...

Hi Derrick. This is Matt61 from the Pyramidair blog, and I have an airgun question for you. Can you contact me at gufgo24@yahoo.com? Thanks.

Matt

Anonymous said...

For derrick38, would like to have you work on my Beeman 17, stones86@comcast.net