Monday, May 4, 2009

Resealing a Crosman 101, valve body gasket

I had resealed the valve body against the receiver with a piece of gasket. I had been warned that it would probably leak if I didn't add an o-ring groove. Well it started leaking past the valve when I was pumping, reducing efficiency. I still didn't want to add an o-ring groove so I thought that a thin teflon gasket would do the trick.

A large piece of teflon, turned down to diameter and drilled to be a slip fit on the valve body.

Parted off, with a lot of flash around the end...

Deburred and mounted on the valve body.
I put it all back together and the annoying leak was gone. Not period authentic but better than making the groove.

No comments: